* Dormant plants in 100mm pots.
A lovely clematis with masses of small, nodding, mid-blue flowers with white stamens. Frankie's one of the first clematis to bloom in spring when the four long and broad tepals unfurl. The flowers appear from mid to late spring and contrast beautifully with the divided, mid-green foliage. The flowers are followed by ornamental, fluffy silver seed heads which extends the viewing pleasure for the gardener. Looks terrific if allowed to cascade over a pergola, wall or fence.
- Pruning Group: 1
- Flowering Group: Atragene
- Flower Size: 4.0 to 5.0cm
- Height: 2.0m to 2.6m
- Awards: Royal Horticultural Society 'Award of Garden Merit' 2002
- History: Raised by Frank Meechan and introduced in 1991.