Clematis Daniel Deronda
* Dormant plants in 100mm pots.
Large blue-purple flowers have paler, almost white bars running the length of the tepals. The broad tepals overlap and taper to pointed tips. On occasions, the early flowers may be semi-doubles. The crown of the stamens have white filaments and pale yellow anthers.
- Pruning Group: 2
- Flowering Group: Early large flowered clematis
- Flower Size: 15.0cm to 20.0cm
- Height: 2.6m to 3.3m
- Awards: Royal Horticultural Society's 'Award of Garden Merit' in 1993
- History: Raised around 1880 by Charles Noble of Bagshot and named after the last book written by George Elliot.